Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Because you have to get out of bed eventually...

The weather is balls in Tacoma right now. Snow was covering the roads when I got off work last night and my car was sliding all over the road when I left. I should have gone straight home, but instead I drove to the store to get nutritional yeast because if there is one thing worth risking my life over it is nutritional yeast. Except the store was OUT OF NUTRITIONAL YEAST. Well they had the powdery kind, but it's flakes or nothing for me because the powdery kind is worthless and gross. I like hyperbole. So I went home with a bunch of stuff I had no intent of buying and cranked my heat up and made some delicious food from Appetite for Reduction. I have cooked almost exclusively from this book for the past couple days and I can already tell it is going to be one of my most-used cookbooks. I'm going to post a bunch of the stuff I've made from it over at Deuce Nickel Tre Vegans soon-ish. Anyway, my whole point is it's cold and gross and I want sweaters. Unfortunately, I keep spending all my money on shoes, so all of you out there who don't have a shoe addiction can buy these and I'll live vicariously through you.


Vaute Couture got some cozy perfect-for-leggings oversized sweatshirts in. If I had unlimited funds, all of my outerwear would be Vaute Couture. It is such an amazing company, speaking from ethical and design standpoints. I do have one of their coats from last season that I lucked out on and got for half off and it is stunning. The coats are definitely investment pieces, but the tees, sweatshirts, and jewelry are totally affordable! The black rabbit sweatshirt is my favorite.




I love the whole baggy, oversized sweater trend going on right now, the only problem is I feel like I can find amazing hobo sweaters at thrift stores pretty easily so why would I spend a lot of money on a new one? I found one of my favorite sweaters ever at a Goodwill Outlet in Portland where they charge by the pound. But I'm not always in the mood for digging and sometimes there are no second-hand treasures to be found, especially since wool sneaks its way into sweaters like nobody's business. Urban Outfitters always has a ton of wool-free sweaters and cardigans and their sale racks seriously can't be beat. I just got these two Kimchi and Blue faux fur jackets that were originally $148 each on sale for $25 a piece: 

                     

Yes, I got both colors! The price was too good to say no! I'm totally gonna wear the black one in a crazy Black Swan-ish type outfit for an Oscar party I'm going to. On to stuff I haven't already bought...







ModCloth is one of my favorite places for vintage looking dresses and non-leather shoes. They also have some cute cruelty-free sweaters and outerwear.














There are a few things I've been eyeing over at Nasty Gal as well.





If you're wondering why I refuse to wear wool, here's some info. If you are against wearing fur, wool and leather are just as bad and much more common. Or watch Skin Trade, an excellent documentary by an award-winning director.

1 comment:

  1. Neat site! Please showcase the current hot trend in jeans, flares! I bought a new pair of super flare jeans last weekend. Love em!

    ReplyDelete